Thank you to everyone who came along to the recent parish meeting at Little Horsted Primary School, and also to Dr. Davies – the Headmaster – for the use of the school hall.
There was an attendance of 13 people including Colin Thompson from Wealden District Council who is in charge of the Suitable Alternative Natural Green Space (SANGS) development.
Main points discussed:
- The SANGS site name has been amended from Owlsbury Park to Horsted Green Park after concerns voiced by parishioners
- No lighting in the tunnel under the A22 confirmed
- Wealden are basing the design of the SANGS on the Natural England recommended guidelines
- Colin Thompson recommended a visit to Walshes Park, Crowborough (main car park is off Alderbrook Way TN6 3EF) as it would give an idea on the what the Horsted Green Park might look like
- Boundaries are to be secured with double fencing with a natural barrier between the fences where the boundary meets a local residence
- The orchard is being protected by deer proof fencing
- It was pointed out lane flooding is an issue and can be directly attributable to the hardstanding car park. Colin Thompson said that drains have been installed but that they would revisit the site to assess the ditches
- Simon Autie raised the issue of there being migratory Sea Trout in the Ridgewood Stream. Colin Thompson to investigate.
- Colin Thompson agreed to investigate the kerbs on the passing places as several people pointed out that they are too small for large farm vehicles to use efficiently
It was unanimously agreed that the parish were very unhappy with the u-turn concerning the carpark. In the first days of planning both ESCC and Wealden had stated that the carpark would be temporary and used only by the construction crew. It has now come to our attention that it is intended to become a permanent hardstanding for upto six cars. Clarification has been sought from both District and Council representatives and Little Horsted Meeting will be chasing this issue up.
Due to the length of the meeting there wasn’t time for the other items on the agenda so a short meeting will be held this Tuesday 6th Feb, 7:30pm at the Halfway House.
- W/D 2018 /F Oast House
- Isfield Youth Group – funding request
- New Clerk
Next main meeting is Thursday March 1st, 7:30pm at Little Horsted Primary School.